- How often does the coach stop en route to the hotel?
- The coach stops approximately every 3 hours for either a 30 or 45 minute break.
- Do the coaches have toilets on board?
- Yes all our coaches have toilets on board.
- Do you keep the same seats on the coach throughout the holiday?
- Seats are allocated at time of booking and you keep this seat for the duration of the tour.
- Do you use a feeder coach network for the journey to the hotel?
- No, once you are on board you stay on the same coach although in some instances the driver may change to comply with driver regulations.
- Can I bring a wheelchair or motorised scooter?
Yes all our coaches can accommodate wheelchairs and scooters. Please advise us of your mobility needs at the time of booking your holiday. Please note that not all motorised scooters can be accepted for health and safety reasons. It is your responsibility to check that the scooter can easily be broken down in to parts that weigh no more than 23kg each. It is entirely your responsibility to dismantle and reassemble the scooter, the driver will help you to load the parts on to the coach.
If any part weighs more than 23kg the driver must refuse to accept it on the coach.
There is only room on each coach for 1 motorised scooter, so please check that there is still space before booking.
On Edinburgh Tattoo holidays, Wheelchair spaces can be reserved or low floor seating, please make this request when booking your holiday. Please note that it is not possible to make these requests after June.
- What luggage am I allowed to bring on holiday?
- All passengers can bring one case per person weighing up to 20kg (44lb) and a small piece of hand luggage per person.
If your case weighs more than 20kg you may be requested to load your own case onto the coach.
- Do I have to carry my case from the coach to my hotel room?
- No all our hotels provide a portage service so your case will be brought to and from your room for you.
- Will my Driver give commentary when we are out on the coach?
- Where possible the driver will give some information on the journeys and places you are visiting.
- Do I have to go out each day on the excursions?
- No, if you do not wish to go out on the coach then just let your driver know. All of the hotels are in locations where beautiful countryside walks can be taken of various levels of ease, details are available from reception.
- What meals are included with holidays?
- All coach holidays include breakfast and dinner each day unless you are on an Edinburgh Tattoo holiday where lunch will be supplied instead of dinner on the Tattoo day.
Mountains and Mistletoe holidays also include one lunch.
For Christmas and New Year holidays please refer to each individual itinerary.
- What time will the coach return home at the end of the holiday?
- The return time depends on where you are traveling back to and from which hotel. Please contact our Team on 01389 713713 or email email@example.com.
- Do we charge a Single Supplement?
- No we do not charge single supplements and we have single rooms at all our hotels. However our single rooms do book up very fast so early booking is recommended.
- Can I make special requests for room or diet requirements?
- Yes, when booking please put in your requirements then and we will try to meet with all customer requests, however please note they are not guaranteed.
- Do the rooms have hair dryers in them?
- Yes all rooms have hair dryers in them
- Is there Wi-Fi?
- All our hotels provide Wi-Fi free of charge in the reception area.
- Are there tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms?
- Yes all the rooms have a kettle and free tea and coffee supplies are provided daily.
- Can I borrow an iron?
- Yes, please ask at reception for an iron and ironing board.
- What deposit do you require to secure my place on one of your holidays?
- We require a £30 deposit per person to secure your place.
- What’s included in the price of the holiday?
- All holidays include travel to and from the hotel, dinner, bed and breakfast; excursions each day and where specified many entrances into attractions.
- What sort of things do I need to pay for on holiday?
- Lunches unless otherwise stated.
Drinks from the bar, tea, coffee and snacks.
- How can I pay for my bar bill and any extras at the hotel?
- We can charge your drinks to your room and you can pay by cash, debit or credit card on departure.
- Will there be entertainment at the hotel in the evenings?
- Yes there is entertainment every night in the hotels.
- What is the dress code for dinner?
- There is no set dress code but most guests choose to dress smart casual.
- What is the age group of people taking a Lochs and Glens Holiday?
- This is difficult to define; however, most of our customers are 55+
- Why do I need to give you my telephone number?
- Home and mobile telephone numbers are important for us to have in the rare circumstances that we may need to contact you regarding an alteration in your travel arrangements.
We do not share any of our customer’s information with third parties.
- Do you ever cancel tours due to bad weather?
- It is very rare that our tours do not run due to extreme weather conditions. In general gritting and road clearing in Scotland is well organised. However, in the unlikely event that we cannot run your tour we would notify you as soon as possible.
- How do I cancel my holiday?
- If you have to cancel your holiday with us call our bookings team on 01389 713 713. Our cancellation charges are shown in the table below.
Period before departure within which cancellation is received Cancellation charge show as percentage of holiday cost More than 29 days Deposit only 28-15 days 45% 14-1 days 60% Departure date or after 100%
- What do I do if I have to complain?
- If you have a complaint during your package you should bring the matter to the attention of either your driver or the hotel management so that they can do their utmost to resolve the problem immediately. If they are unable to resolve the problem to your satisfaction you should put the details of your complaint in writing and send it to the Customer Relations Officer, Lochs and Glens Holidays, School Road, Gartocharn, Dunbartonshire, G83 8RW, or alternatively, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of the Customer Relations Officer.