The Phoenix Suite
November 5th at the lnversnaid Hotel was certainly one bonfire night to remember. At around 3am a fault in a heater started a fire in the foyer that quickly activated the fire alarms. Immediately, a well rehearsed evacuation of the building took place, guests assembled in the car park and all bedrooms were quickly checked.
The hotel staff firefighters went into immediate action with a fire hose and, to their great credit, the blaze was extinguished by the time the local fire brigade arrived.
Although this was the first time in 20 years that an outbreak of fire has occurred in a Lochs & Glens hotel, it is the one incident that we are most concerned about, and fire precautions, fire drills and equipment checks have always been rigorously and regularly carried out by our managements.
Whilst it was worrying at the time, this particular cloud did have a silver lining. For some time we have wanted to refurbish the foyer, but felt reluctant to replace the original Victorian panelling despite the fact that it did have a rather gloomy appearance. But this was the excuse we needed and, with Liz Nicols's expert choice of furnishings and fittings we now have a superb new foyer that befits this uniquely situated hotel.